Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Hat
Donor: Lloyd, RoseContributor Type: Personal
Retailer: Bergdorf GoodmanContributor Type: OrganizationContributor Info: Bergdorf Goodman (New York, New York, USA) (est. as Bergdorf Goodman1901 by Edwin Goodman and Herman Berdgorf)
- Creation: 1950/1955
- No Language
- Content Description: Hat of tan Balibuntal (Ballibuntl)straw trimmed with ribbon and greenery. The domed crown is of light tan Balibuntal straw, encircled with a wide pink satin ribbon with bow at front. The bow and front of the hat are accented with artificial leaves and stems. The irregular tan Balibuntal straw brim is set off-center to the crown, with undulating edge, with quadruple row of stitching at outer edge. The inside of the crown has an inner hatband of tan/off-white grosgrain ribbon. Designer's/Retailer's label sewn to inner hatband: "Made to order hat / Bergdorf / Goodman / Fifth Ave at 58th"
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Hats (Headgear)
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Straw Work
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Clothing - Accessories - Hats
- Item is a Primary Source
- Start Date: 1950
- End Date: 1955
- Place Name: United States - New York - New York City
Name: Texas Fashion CollectionCode: TXFC
Name: UNT College of Visual Arts + DesignCode: UNTCVA
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: by-nc-nd
- Rights Statement: All Texas Fashion Collection content and images are copyrighted.
- Physical Object
- Accession or Local Control No: 1975.001.086
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc38056