Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Hat
Designer: CoralieCreator Type: Personal
Donor: Lloyd, RoseContributor Type: Personal
Manufacturer: United Hatters, Cap, and Millinery Workers International UnionContributor Type: Organization
- Creation: 1952/1957
- No Language
- Content Description: Hat of white straw trimmed with chiffon, net and a flower. The hat formed as a modified pillbox, with cylindrical white straw crown, very slightly domed. Around the crown is a wide band of ruched pink chiffon overlaid by white netting/veiling. At front is a large artificial silk flower. The narrow straw brim is undulating and rolled. Inside crown is inner red grosgrain ribbon hatband. Accompanied by one short hatpin with simulated pearl head. Designer's label sewn to inner hatband: "Styled by / Coralie". Sewn to the back of the designer's label is a United Hatters, Cap and Millinery Workers Union label.
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Hats (Headgear)
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Straw Work
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Clothing - Accessories - Hats
- Item is a Primary Source
- Start Date: 1952
- End Date: 1957
- Place Name: United States
Name: Texas Fashion CollectionCode: TXFC
Name: UNT College of Visual Arts + DesignCode: UNTCVA
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: by-nc-nd
- Rights Statement: All Texas Fashion Collection content and images are copyrighted.
- Physical Object
- Accession or Local Control No: 1975.001.076
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc38054