Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Fan
Donor: Herrman, WilliamContributor Type: Personal
- Creation: 1890
- No Language
- Physical Description: Folding fan with mother of pearl sticks and guards. The leaf is of black Chantilly lace backed with cream satin. A small bail loop at base of fan has an off-white silk tassel hanging from it.
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Fans (Costume Accessories)
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Chantilly Lace
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Clothing - Accessories
- Item is a Primary Source
- Coverage Date: 1890
- Place Name: United States
Name: Texas Fashion CollectionCode: TXFC
Name: UNT College of Visual Arts + DesignCode: UNTCVA
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: by-nc-nd
- Rights Statement: All Texas Fashion Collection content and images are copyrighted.
- Physical Object
- Accession or Local Control No: 1900.761.002 - D-1189
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc38040