Adam and Eve Eating the Forbidden Fruit and God Discovering Them, north doors trumeau relief, Orvieto Cathedral, Orvieto, Italy Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Adam and Eve Eating the Forbidden Fruit and God Discovering Them, north doors trumeau relief, Orvieto Cathedral, Orvieto, Italy
Artist: Maitani, LorenzoCreator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Italian; ca. 1275-1330;
Name: Scholars Resource, Inc.Place of Publication: Wheat Ridge, Colorado
- Creation: 1290/1330
- No Language
- Physical Description: 1 artwork original :
- Content Description: The relief decoration on the north doors of the Orvieto Cathedral show Adam and Eve eating the forbidden fruit and God discovering them. Large deeply-carved foliage runs across the top of the relief.
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Renaissance
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): reliefs (sculptures)
Name: ARTsourceCode: UNTART
Name: UNT College of Visual Arts + DesignCode: UNTCVA
- Rights Access: unt
- Rights License: copyright
- Rights Holder: Scholars Resource, Inc.
- Rights Statement: Copyright 2009, Scholars Resource, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
- Accession or Local Control No: dva0409
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc36457