A-hunting of the deer Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title A-hunting of the deer
Author: Warner, Charles DudleyCreator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Charles Dudley Warner (September 12, 1829-October 20, 1900). Essayist and novelist. Born in Plainsfield, Massachusetts. Graduated from Hamilton College, Clinton, NY. Worked with a surveying party in Missouri, studied law at University of Pennsylvania and practiced in Chicago. Editor of The Hartford Press, co-editor Hartford Courant, worked on Harper’s Magazine. Editor of The American Men of Letters series, and of the Library of The World’s Best Literature. Lectured widely, wrote prolifically, and collaborated with Mark Twain.
Other: Massmann, Robert E.Contributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: Robert E. Massmann, author, librarian, and publisher of miniature books under his imprint REM Miniatures. Massmann assembled a major collection of miniature books, and is a founding member of the Miniature Book Society.
Illustrator: Massmann, C. ErnestContributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: C. Ernest Massmann, artist and illustrator. Son of publisher Robert E. Massmann.
Printer: Art PressContributor Type: OrganizationContributor Info: Art Press, located in New Britain, Connecticut.
Name: REM MiniaturesPlace of Publication: New Britain, ConnecticutAdditional Info: REM Miniatures is the imprint of Robert E. Massmann, librarian, author, publisher, and collector.
- Creation: 1985
- Digitized: 2007-09-27
- Content Description: Excerpt from a larger work by Warner about hunting in the Adirondacks.
- Physical Description:  p.: ill.; 50 mm. tall. Bound in brown leatherette with applied circular pictorial cover label. In mottled yellow card slipcase with applied printed title label. Frontispiece is a tipped-in color photographic print.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: White-tailed deer hunting -- Moral and ethical aspects -- New York State -- Adirondack Mountains.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Adirondack Mountains (N.Y.) -- Social life and customs.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Miniature books -- 20th century -- United States -- Specimens.
- Keyword: Adirondack Mountains
- Place Name: United States - New York
Name: Miniature Book CollectionCode: MNBC
Name: UNT Libraries Rare Book and Texana CollectionsCode: UNTRB
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: copyright
- Rights Holder: Robert E. Massmann
- Rights Statement: Copyright held by Robert E. Massmann. Material may not be reproduced without permission.
- OCLC: 36928952
- Call Number: Z232.R64 A38 1985
- UNT Catalog No.: b2363523
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc3589
- Display Note: Edition of 300 copies. Printed at Art Press. "Design, typography, hand coloring, photograph and binding by R.E.M. [Robert E. Massmann] Cover illustration by C. Ernest Massmann."--colophon. Gift: April 2002.