Der winzige Struwwelpeter Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Der winzige Struwwelpeter
- Other The somersault book
- Added Title Struwwelpeter is 137 und noch immer ein jüngling
Author: Massmann, Robert E.Creator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Robert E. Massmann, author, librarian, and publisher of miniature books under his imprint REM Miniatures. Massmann assembled a major collection of miniature books, and is a founding member of the Miniature Book Society
Illustrator: Massmann, C. ErnestContributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: C. Ernest Massmann, artist and illustrator. Son of publisher Robert E. Massmann.
Printer: Art PressContributor Type: OrganizationContributor Info: Art Press, located in New Britain, Connecticut.
Name: REM MiniaturesPlace of Publication: New Britain, ConnecticutAdditional Info: REM Miniatures is the imprint of Robert E. Massmann, librarian, author, publisher, and collector.
- Creation: 1982
- Digitized: 2007-09
- Content Description: Essay and history of the folk character Struwwelpeter, translated variously as "Slovely Peter," "Shock-headed Peter," Boy with shock of unkempt bristly hair" etc. This character was well known to Mark Twain, and would have been an influence for his character Huckleberry Finn.
- Physical Description: 12,  p.: col. ill.; 48 mm. Bound in publisher's green leatherette with applied hand-colored circular label on cover. In orange card slipcase with shaped hand-colored illustrated label. Text of each page is printed going in a different direction, so that as the book is read, it has to be turned "in a somersault", as Struwwelpeter does.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Hoffmann, Heinrich, 1809-1894. -- Struwwelpeter.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Miniature books -- 20th century -- United States -- Specimens.
- Bookplates (Provenance) -- 20th century -- United States -- Specimens.
Name: Miniature Book CollectionCode: MNBC
Name: UNT Libraries Rare Book and Texana CollectionsCode: UNTRB
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: copyright
- Rights Holder: Robert E. Massmann
- Rights Statement: Copyright held by Robert E. Massmann. Material may not be reproduced without permission.
- Call Number: Z232.R64 S77 1982
- OCLC: 46666633
- UNT Catalog No.: b2962047
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc3583
- Display Note: Edition of 300 copies. "Published by Robert E. Massmann, New Britain, Connecticut. Printed at Art Press. ... Design, typography, photograph, hand coloring and binding by REM."--colophon This copy from the collection of publisher Robert E. Massmann, with his bookplate inside front cover. Signed by both Robert E. Massmann and C. Ernest Massmann, who did the illustrations for the volume. Gift: September 2006.