Nicholas Nickleby Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Nicholas Nickleby
Other: Massmann, Robert E.Creator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Robert E. Massmann, author, librarian, and publisher of miniature books under his imprint REM Miniatures. Massmann assembled a major collection of miniature books, and is a founding member of the Miniature Book Society.
Other: Stephen Slesinger, Inc.Contributor Type: OrganizationContributor Info: Stephen Slesinger (December 25, 1901-December 17, 1953). American, of Hungarian descent. Radio, television, and film producer and businessman. Created various comic book characters, and was one of the first to license characters for children. Older brother of author Tess Slesinger, Stephen began as a literary agent, representing such authors as Hendrik Willem van Loon (1st Newbery Award winner), Zane Grey, and Will James. He began to acquire rights to cartoon and literary characters, and was important in the development of moving picture cartoons. He created Winnie the Pooh Sunday morning cartoon - the first such. Slesinger also acquired the right to Edgar Rice Burrough's Tarzan character, and Alley Oop, Tom Mix, Charlie Chan, Buck Rugers, and others. Later, Slesinger began to develop original characters, including Red Ryder and King of the Royal Mounted, the Mountie who always got his man. Slesinger also acquired the right to make the television show Blondie.
- Digitized: 2007-09
- Content Description: Cartoon version/adaptation of part of the Charles Dickens' story Nicholas Nickleby.
- Physical Description: 1 v. (unpaged): chiefly ill. ; 42 x 53 mm. Bound in blue leatherette with applied printed label on cover. In blue card slipcase with applied printed label.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Miniature books -- 20th century -- United States -- Specimens.
Name: Miniature Book CollectionCode: MNBC
Name: UNT Libraries Rare Book and Texana CollectionsCode: UNTRB
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: copyright
- Rights Holder: Robert E. Massmann
- Rights Statement: Copyright held by Robert E. Massmann. Material may not be reproduced without permission.
- OCLC: 75562191
- Call Number: Z232.R64 N53 1980z
- UNT Catalog No.: b3099735
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc3572
- Display Note: Unique volume created by binding frames of a cartoon salvaged from a carnival viewing machine (nickleodeon). Cartoon strip marked "[copyright] Stephen Slesinger Inc, N.Y." From the personal collection of Robert E. Massmann, with his bookplate inside front cover. Donated to the Miniature Book Collection in honor of the 25th anniversary of the founding of the Rare Book & Texana Collections. Gift: November 2006.