Toxolasma texasense, Specimen #1187 Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Toxolasma texasense, Specimen #1187
Collector: Britton, JosephCreator Type: Personal
Collector: Britton, MichaelCreator Type: Personal
Collector: Britton, DavidCreator Type: Personal
Author: La Grove, M.Creator Type: Personal
Owner: Elm Fork Natural Heritage MuseumContributor Type: OrganizationContributor Info: Owner Institution Code: EFNHM
Author: Lea, I.Contributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: Citation: (I. Lea, 1857)
- Creation: 1979-08-27
- No Language
- Content Description: One preserved mussel specimen including the left valve only. The specimen exhibits an elliptical shape; moderately thick shell; single looped beak sculpturing; white internal coloring; dark brown external coloring; no external sculpturing. Collected in the Nueces basin. The specimen measures between 0 - 60 mm in length and was assessed to be long dead when collected.
- Physical Description: 1 mussel specimen (1 valve) : dark brown and white ; 0 - 60 mm.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Freshwater mussels -- Texas.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Zoological specimens -- Texas.
- Keyword: shells
- Scientific Name: Toxolasma texasense
- Keyword: Texas lilliput
- Keyword: Frio River
- Keyword: Nueces basin
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States - Texas - McMullen County
Name: Joseph Britton Freshwater Mussel CollectionCode: JOSEPH
Name: Elm Fork Natural Heritage MuseumCode: EFNHM
- Accession or Local Control No: Catalog Number: 00001187
- Other: Alternate Catalog Number: 4143-1
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc35377
- Academic Department: Biological Sciences