Leptodea fragilis, Specimen #510 Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Leptodea fragilis, Specimen #510
Collector: Britton, JosephCreator Type: Personal
Owner: Elm Fork Natural Heritage MuseumContributor Type: OrganizationContributor Info: Owner Institution Code: EFNHM
Author: RafinesqueContributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: Citation: (Rafinesque, 1820)
- Creation: 1973-07-18
- No Language
- Content Description: One preserved mussel specimen including the right valve only. The specimen exhibits an oval shape; thin shell; double looped beak sculpturing; white internal coloring; tan external coloring; no external sculpturing. Collected in the Trinity basin. The specimen measures between 60 - 100 mm in length and was assessed to be long dead when collected.
- Physical Description: 1 mussel specimen (1 valve) : tan and white ; 60 - 100 mm.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Freshwater mussels -- Texas.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Zoological specimens -- Texas.
- Keyword: shells
- Scientific Name: Leptodea fragilis
- Keyword: fragile papershell
- Keyword: Denton Creek
- Keyword: Trinity basin
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Tarrant County
Name: Joseph Britton Freshwater Mussel CollectionCode: JOSEPH
Name: Elm Fork Natural Heritage MuseumCode: EFNHM
- Accession or Local Control No: Catalog Number: 00000510
- Other: Alternate Catalog Number: 410-01
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc35361
- Academic Department: Biological Sciences