Utterbackia imbecillis, Specimen #1345 Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Utterbackia imbecillis, Specimen #1345
Collector: Britton, JosephCreator Type: Personal
Owner: Elm Fork Natural Heritage MuseumContributor Type: OrganizationContributor Info: Owner Institution Code: EFNHM
Author: SayContributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: Citation: (Say, 1829)
- Creation: 1977-06-01
- No Language
- Content Description: One preserved mussel specimen including both the left and right valves. The specimen exhibits an elliptical shape; thin shell; double looped beak sculpturing; bluish-white internal coloring; green external coloring; no external sculpturing. The specimen measures between 0 - 60 mm in length and was assessed to be live when collected.
- Physical Description: 1 mussel specimen (2 valves) : green and bluish-white ; 0 - 60 mm.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Freshwater mussels -- Texas.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Zoological specimens -- Texas.
- Keyword: shells
- Scientific Name: Utterbackia imbecillis
- Keyword: paper pondshell
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States - South Carolina - Aiken County
- Place Name: United States - South Carolina - Barnwell County
Name: Joseph Britton Freshwater Mussel CollectionCode: JOSEPH
Name: Elm Fork Natural Heritage MuseumCode: EFNHM
- Accession or Local Control No: Catalog Number: 00001345
- Other: Alternate Catalog Number: 4079-9
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc35339
- Academic Department: Biological Sciences