Leptodea fragilis, Specimen #502 Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Leptodea fragilis, Specimen #502
Collector: Britton, JosephCreator Type: Personal
Collector: Murphy, C.Creator Type: Personal
Collector: Golightly, C.Creator Type: Personal
Collector: Boone, ConstanceCreator Type: Personal
Owner: Elm Fork Natural Heritage MuseumContributor Type: OrganizationContributor Info: Owner Institution Code: EFNHM
Author: RafinesqueContributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: Citation: (Rafinesque, 1820)
- Creation: 1975-10-04
- No Language
- Content Description: One preserved mussel specimen including both the left and right valves. The specimen exhibits an oval shape; thin shell; double looped beak sculpturing; white internal coloring; tan external coloring; no external sculpturing. The specimen measures between 0 - 60 mm in length and was assessed to be long dead when collected.
- Physical Description: 1 mussel specimen (2 valves) : tan and white ; 0 - 60 mm.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Freshwater mussels -- Texas.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Zoological specimens -- Texas.
- Keyword: shells
- Scientific Name: Leptodea fragilis
- Keyword: fragile papershell
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Fort Bend County
Name: Joseph Britton Freshwater Mussel CollectionCode: JOSEPH
Name: Elm Fork Natural Heritage MuseumCode: EFNHM
- Accession or Local Control No: Catalog Number: 00000502
- Other: Alternate Catalog Number: 3390-07
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc35277
- Academic Department: Biological Sciences