Pyganodon grandis, Specimen #869 Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Pyganodon grandis, Specimen #869
Collector: Britton, JosephCreator Type: Personal
Owner: Elm Fork Natural Heritage MuseumContributor Type: OrganizationContributor Info: Owner Institution Code: EFNHM
Author: SayContributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: Citation: (Say, 1829)
- Creation: 1974-07-20
- No Language
- Content Description: One preserved mussel specimen including both the left and right valves. The specimen exhibits an elliptical shape; thin shell; double looped beak sculpturing; bluish-white internal coloring; tan external coloring; no external sculpturing. Collected in the Brazos basin. The specimen measures between 100 - 120 mm in length and was assessed to be recently dead when collected.
- Physical Description: 1 mussel specimen (2 valves) : tan and bluish-white ; 100 - 120 mm.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Freshwater mussels -- Texas.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Zoological specimens -- Texas.
- Keyword: shells
- Scientific Name: Pyganodon grandis
- Keyword: giant floater
- Keyword: Brazos River
- Keyword: Brazos basin
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Johnson County
Name: Joseph Britton Freshwater Mussel CollectionCode: JOSEPH
Name: Elm Fork Natural Heritage MuseumCode: EFNHM
- Accession or Local Control No: Catalog Number: 00000869
- Other: Alternate Catalog Number: 852 6
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc35009
- Academic Department: Biological Sciences