Iphigénie en Tauride. Tragédie lirique en quatre actes Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Iphigénie en Tauride. Tragédie lirique en quatre actes
- Uniform Title Iphigénie en Tauride
- Added Title Iphigenia in Tauris
Composer: Piccinni, Niccolò, 1728-1800Creator Type: Personal
Librettist: Dubreil, Alphonse Ducongé, 1734-1801Creator Type: Personal
Name: Chez Des LauriersPlace of Publication: Paris
- Creation: 1781
- Digitized: 2009-03
- Physical Description: score (264 p.) 34 cm.
- Content Description: The contrast between Piccinni and Gluck can perhaps best be illustrated with Iphigénie en Tauride, as Piccinni’s opera appeared just two years after Gluck’s work on the same subject. In fact, supporters of Piccinni (“Piccinnistes”) hoped that the Italian composer would demonstrate the superiority of his style with Iphigénie, and scholars have used these settings to illustrate the difference between the two composers.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Operas -- Scores.
- Other: Tragédie lyrique
- Item is a Primary Source
Name: Virtual Music Rare Book RoomCode: VRBR
Name: UNT Music LibraryCode: UNTML
- Rights Access: public
- Musical Score/Notation
- UNT Catalog No.: b1337232
- OCLC: 21501332
- RISM No.: RISM A/I, P2151
- Call Number: M1500.P58 I6 1781
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc35