Potamilus purpuratus, Specimen #628 Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Potamilus purpuratus, Specimen #628
Collector: Britton, JosephCreator Type: Personal
Owner: Elm Fork Natural Heritage MuseumContributor Type: OrganizationContributor Info: Owner Institution Code: EFNHM
Author: LamarckContributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: Citation: (Lamarck, 1819)
- Creation: 1972-10-01
- No Language
- Content Description: One preserved mussel specimen including the right valve only. The specimen exhibits an oval shape; thick shell; pink internal coloring; olive external coloring; no external sculpturing. Collected in the Brazos basin. The specimen measures between 0 - 60 mm in length and was assessed to be relatively-recently dead when collected.
- Physical Description: 1 mussel specimen (1 valve) : olive and pink ; 0 - 60 mm.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Freshwater mussels -- Texas.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Zoological specimens -- Texas.
- Keyword: shells
- Scientific Name: Potamilus purpuratus
- Keyword: bleufer
- Keyword: Lake Whitney
- Keyword: Brazos basin
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Hill County
Name: Joseph Britton Freshwater Mussel CollectionCode: JOSEPH
Name: Elm Fork Natural Heritage MuseumCode: EFNHM
- Accession or Local Control No: Catalog Number: 00000628
- Other: Alternate Catalog Number: 233-1
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc34790
- Academic Department: Biological Sciences