Potamilus purpuratus, Specimen #597 Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Potamilus purpuratus, Specimen #597
Collector: Britton, JosephCreator Type: Personal
Collector: Murphy, C.Creator Type: Personal
Collector: Golightly, C.Creator Type: Personal
Collector: Boone, ConstanceCreator Type: Personal
Owner: Elm Fork Natural Heritage MuseumContributor Type: OrganizationContributor Info: Owner Institution Code: EFNHM
Author: LamarckContributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: Citation: (Lamarck, 1819)
- Creation: 1975-10-04
- No Language
- Content Description: One preserved mussel specimen including both the left and right valves. The specimen exhibits a rhomboidal shape; thick shell; pink internal coloring; dark brown external coloring; no external sculpturing. Collected in the San Jacinto basin. The specimen measures between 100 - 120 mm in length and was assessed to be live when collected.
- Physical Description: 1 mussel specimen (2 valves) : dark brown and pink ; 100 - 120 mm.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Freshwater mussels -- Texas.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Zoological specimens -- Texas.
- Keyword: shells
- Scientific Name: Potamilus purpuratus
- Keyword: bleufer
- Keyword: Lake Houston
- Keyword: San Jacinto basin
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Harris County
Name: Joseph Britton Freshwater Mussel CollectionCode: JOSEPH
Name: Elm Fork Natural Heritage MuseumCode: EFNHM
- Accession or Local Control No: Catalog Number: 00000597
- Other: Alternate Catalog Number: 1614-03
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc34759
- Academic Department: Biological Sciences