Tritogonia verrucosa, Specimen #890 Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Tritogonia verrucosa, Specimen #890
Collector: Britton, JosephCreator Type: Personal
Collector: Mauldin, V.Creator Type: Personal
Owner: Elm Fork Natural Heritage MuseumContributor Type: OrganizationContributor Info: Owner Institution Code: EFNHM
Author: RafinesqueContributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: Citation: (Rafinesque, 1820)
- Creation: 1971-09-15
- No Language
- Content Description: One preserved mussel specimen including the right valve only. The specimen exhibits an elliptical shape; thick shell; white internal coloring; dark brown external coloring; external sculpturing in the form of ridges. Collected in the Trinity basin. The specimen measures between 100 - 120 mm in length and was assessed to be long dead when collected.
- Physical Description: 1 mussel specimen (1 valve) : dark brown and white ; 100 - 120 mm.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Freshwater mussels -- Texas.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Zoological specimens -- Texas.
- Keyword: shells
- Keyword: pistolgrip
- Keyword: Lake Worth
- Keyword: Trinity basin
- Scientific Name: Tritogonia verrucosa
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Tarrant County
Name: Joseph Britton Freshwater Mussel CollectionCode: JOSEPH
Name: Elm Fork Natural Heritage MuseumCode: EFNHM
- Accession or Local Control No: Catalog Number: 00000890
- Other: Alternate Catalog Number: 76
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc34723
- Academic Department: Biological Sciences