Quadrula mortoni, Specimen #927 Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Quadrula mortoni, Specimen #927
Collector: Pettit, J.Creator Type: Personal
Owner: Elm Fork Natural Heritage MuseumContributor Type: OrganizationContributor Info: Owner Institution Code: EFNHM
Author: ConradContributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: Citation: (Conrad, 1835)
- Creation: 1972-03-17
- No Language
- Content Description: One preserved mussel specimen including both the left and right valves. The specimen exhibits a round shape; moderately thick shell; white internal coloring; brown external coloring; external sculpturing in the form of pustules. Collected in the Trinity basin. The specimen measures between 0 - 60 mm in length and was assessed to be relatively-recently dead when collected.
- Physical Description: 1 mussel specimen (2 valves) : brown and white ; 0 - 60 mm.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Freshwater mussels -- Texas.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Zoological specimens -- Texas.
- Keyword: shells
- Scientific Name: Quadrula mortoni
- Keyword: western pimpleback
- Keyword: Elm Fork of the Trinity River
- Keyword: Trinity basin
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Dallas County
Name: Joseph Britton Freshwater Mussel CollectionCode: JOSEPH
Name: Elm Fork Natural Heritage MuseumCode: EFNHM
- Accession or Local Control No: Catalog Number: 00000927
- Other: Alternate Catalog Number: 209A
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc34543
- Academic Department: Biological Sciences