Lampsilis teres, Specimen #406 Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Lampsilis teres, Specimen #406
Collector: Britton, JosephCreator Type: Personal
Collector: Britton, DavidCreator Type: Personal
Collector: Britton, MichaelCreator Type: Personal
Collector: La Grove, M.Creator Type: Personal
Owner: Elm Fork Natural Heritage MuseumContributor Type: OrganizationContributor Info: Owner Institution Code: EFNHM
Author: RafinesqueContributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: Citation: (Rafinesque, 1820)
- Creation: 1979-08-27
- No Language
- Content Description: One preserved mussel specimen including the right valve only. The specimen exhibits an elliptical shape; moderately thick shell; white internal coloring; brown external coloring; no external sculpturing. Collected in the Nueces basin. The specimen measures between 60 - 100 mm in length and was assessed to be very-long dead when collected.
- Physical Description: 1 mussel specimen (1 valve) : brown and white ; 60 - 100 mm.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Freshwater mussels -- Texas.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Zoological specimens -- Texas.
- Keyword: shells
- Scientific Name: Lampsilis teres
- Keyword: yellow sandshell
- Keyword: Frio River
- Keyword: Nueces basin
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Live Oak County
Name: Joseph Britton Freshwater Mussel CollectionCode: JOSEPH
Name: Elm Fork Natural Heritage MuseumCode: EFNHM
- Accession or Local Control No: Catalog Number: 00000406
- Other: Alternate Catalog Number: 4177-8
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc34450
- Academic Department: Biological Sciences