Lampsilis teres, Specimen #371 Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Lampsilis teres, Specimen #371
Collector: Britton, JosephCreator Type: Personal
Collector: Britton, DavidCreator Type: Personal
Owner: Elm Fork Natural Heritage MuseumContributor Type: OrganizationContributor Info: Owner Institution Code: EFNHM
Author: RafinesqueContributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: Citation: (Rafinesque, 1820)
- Creation: 1979-08-14
- No Language
- Content Description: One preserved mussel specimen including the right valve only. The specimen exhibits an elliptical shape; moderately thick shell; white internal coloring; tan external coloring; no external sculpturing. Collected in the Colorado basin. The specimen measures between 60 - 100 mm in length and was assessed to be long dead when collected.
- Physical Description: 1 mussel specimen (1 valve) : tan and white ; 60 - 100 mm.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Freshwater mussels -- Texas.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Zoological specimens -- Texas.
- Keyword: shells
- Scientific Name: Lampsilis teres
- Keyword: yellow sandshell
- Keyword: Jim Ned Creek
- Keyword: Colorado basin
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Brown County
Name: Joseph Britton Freshwater Mussel CollectionCode: JOSEPH
Name: Elm Fork Natural Heritage MuseumCode: EFNHM
- Accession or Local Control No: Catalog Number: 00000371
- Other: Alternate Catalog Number: 4105-3
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc34411
- Academic Department: Biological Sciences