Amblema plicata, Specimen #22 Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Amblema plicata, Specimen #22
Collector: Britton, JosephCreator Type: Personal
Collector: Murphy, C.Creator Type: Personal
Collector: Golightly, C.Creator Type: Personal
Owner: Elm Fork Natural Heritage MuseumContributor Type: OrganizationContributor Info: Owner Institution Code: EFNHM
Author: SayContributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: Citation: (Say, 1817)
- Creation: 1975-10-03
- No Language
- Content Description: One preserved mussel specimen including both the left and right valves. The specimen exhibits a quadrate shape; thick shell; single looped beak sculpturing; purplish-white internal coloring; dark brown external coloring; external sculpturing in the form of ridges. Collected in the Brazos basin. The specimen measures between 100 - 120 mm in length and was assessed to be relatively-recently dead when collected.
- Physical Description: 1 mussel specimen (2 valves) : dark brown and purplish-white ; 100 - 120 mm.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Freshwater mussels -- Texas.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Zoological specimens -- Texas.
- Keyword: shells
- Scientific Name: Amblema plicata
- Keyword: three-ridge
- Keyword: Navasota River
- Keyword: Brazos basin
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Grimes County
Name: Joseph Britton Freshwater Mussel CollectionCode: JOSEPH
Name: Elm Fork Natural Heritage MuseumCode: EFNHM
- Accession or Local Control No: Catalog Number: 00000022
- Other: Alternate Catalog Number: 1781-2
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc34160
- Academic Department: Biological Sciences