Amblema plicata, Specimen #14 Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Amblema plicata, Specimen #14
Collector: Falzarano, D.Creator Type: Personal
Collector: Falzarano, A.Creator Type: Personal
Owner: Elm Fork Natural Heritage MuseumContributor Type: OrganizationContributor Info: Owner Institution Code: EFNHM
Author: SayContributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: Citation: (Say, 1817)
- Creation: 1971-10-29
- No Language
- Content Description: One preserved mussel specimen including both the left and right valves. The specimen exhibits a quadrate shape; thick shell; single looped beak sculpturing; purplish-white internal coloring; brown external coloring; external sculpturing in the form of ridges. Collected in the Trinity basin. The specimen measures between 60 - 100 mm in length and was assessed to be very-recently dead when collected.
- Physical Description: 1 mussel specimen (2 valves) : brown and purplish-white ; 60 - 100 mm.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Freshwater mussels -- Texas.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Zoological specimens -- Texas.
- Keyword: shells
- Keyword: three-ridge
- Keyword: Lake Worth
- Keyword: Trinity basin
- Scientific Name: Amblema plicata
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Tarrant County
Name: Joseph Britton Freshwater Mussel CollectionCode: JOSEPH
Name: Elm Fork Natural Heritage MuseumCode: EFNHM
- Accession or Local Control No: Catalog Number: 00000014
- Other: Alternate Catalog Number: 148B-1
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc34151
- Academic Department: Biological Sciences