Truncilla macrodon, Specimen #1566 Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Truncilla macrodon, Specimen #1566
Collector: Pratt, W. L.Creator Type: Personal
Collector: Goode, J. M.Creator Type: Personal
Owner: Fort Worth Museum of Science and HistoryContributor Type: Organization
Author: Lea, I.Contributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: Citation: (I. Lea, 1859)
- Creation: 1961-09-04
- No Language
- Content Description: One preserved mussel specimen including both the left and right valves. The specimen exhibits an elliptical shape; white internal coloring; tan external coloring; no external sculpturing. The specimen measures between 0 - 60 mm in length and was assessed to be very-recently dead when collected.
- Physical Description: 1 mussel specimen (2 valves) : tan and white ; 0 - 60 mm.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Freshwater mussels -- Texas.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Zoological specimens -- Texas.
- Keyword: shells
- Scientific Name: Truncilla macrodon
- Keyword: Texas fawnsfoot
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Palo Pinto County
Name: Joseph Britton Freshwater Mussel CollectionCode: JOSEPH
Name: Elm Fork Natural Heritage MuseumCode: EFNHM
- Accession or Local Control No: Catalog Number: 00001566
- Other: Alternate Catalog Number: 1029-1
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc34140
- Academic Department: Biological Sciences