Fusconaia lananensis, Specimen #1530 Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Fusconaia lananensis, Specimen #1530
Collector: Askew, H. G.Creator Type: Personal
Owner: University of Texas Non-vertabrate Paleontological LaboratoryContributor Type: Organization
Author: FriersonContributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: Citation: (Frierson, 1901)
- No Language
- Content Description: One preserved mussel specimen including both the left and right valves. The specimen exhibits an oval shape; white internal coloring; brown external coloring; no external sculpturing. The specimen measures between 60 - 100 mm in length and was assessed to be recently dead when collected.
- Physical Description: 1 mussel specimen (2 valves) : brown and white ; 60 - 100 mm.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Freshwater mussels -- Texas.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Zoological specimens -- Texas.
- Keyword: shells
- Scientific Name: Fusconaia lananensis
- Keyword: triangle pigtoe
- Keyword: Lanana Creek
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Nacogdoches County
Name: Joseph Britton Freshwater Mussel CollectionCode: JOSEPH
Name: Elm Fork Natural Heritage MuseumCode: EFNHM
- Accession or Local Control No: Catalog Number: 00001530
- Other: Alternate Catalog Number: UT 4561-1
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc34112
- Academic Department: Biological Sciences