Quadrula aurea, Specimen #1497 Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Quadrula aurea, Specimen #1497
Collector: Singley, J. A.Creator Type: Personal
Owner: University of Texas Non-vertabrate Paleontological LaboratoryContributor Type: OrganizationContributor Info: Owner Institution Code:
Author: Lea, I.Contributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: Citation: (I. Lea, 1859)
Expert: Howells, RobertContributor Type: Personal
- No Language
- Content Description: One preserved mussel specimen including both the left and right valves. The specimen exhibits a rhomboidal shape; white internal coloring; brown external coloring; no external sculpturing. The specimen measures between 60 - 100 mm in length and was assessed to be relatively-recently dead when collected.
- Physical Description: 1 mussel specimen (2 valves) : brown and white ; 60 - 100 mm.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Freshwater mussels -- Texas.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Zoological specimens -- Texas.
- Keyword: shells
- Scientific Name: Quadrula aurea
- Keyword: golden orb
- Keyword: Guadalupe River
- Keyword: Guadalupe basin
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Comal County
Name: Joseph Britton Freshwater Mussel CollectionCode: JOSEPH
Name: Elm Fork Natural Heritage MuseumCode: EFNHM
- Accession or Local Control No: Catalog Number: 00001497
- Other: Alternate Catalog Number: UT 4497-1
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc34082
- Academic Department: Biological Sciences