The Effects of a Classroom Social Skills Training Program on Socially Maladaptive Learning Disabled Elementary Students Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title The Effects of a Classroom Social Skills Training Program on Socially Maladaptive Learning Disabled Elementary Students
Author: Williams, Victoria R. (Victoria Riggs)Creator Type: Personal
Chair: Cheek, Claude W.Contributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: Major Professor
Committee Member: Buhler, June HarrisContributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: Minor Professor
Committee Member: Curry, John F.Contributor Type: Personal
Committee Member: Chapman, Marjorie E.Contributor Type: Personal
Name: North Texas State UniversityPlace of Publication: Denton, Texas
- Creation: 1983-05
- Content Description: This study examined the effectiveness of the Human Resource Development model of classroom social skills with intermediate elementary learning disabled children. A pretest posttest control group design was employed. The sample consisted of 40 fourth-, fifth-, and sixth-grade LD pupils who scored in the bottom fourth of their classes in peer acceptance. The subjects were randomly assigned to the treatment or control group. Treatment consisted of six daily one hour training sessions covering the five skills of physically attending, psychologically attending, greeting, making polite requests and complying with requests. Subjects met in groups of six to eight in lieu of learning assistance and were instructed through methods including modeling, demonstration, role playing, didactic instruction, feedback and self-monitoring. The control group received no treatment but went to learning assistance as usual.
- Physical Description: v, 154 leaves
- Keyword: classroom social skills
- Keyword: learning disabled children
- Keyword: elementary students
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Behavioral assessment of children.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Slow learning children -- Social aspects.
Name: UNT Theses and DissertationsCode: UNTETD
Name: UNT LibrariesCode: UNT
- Rights Access: public
- Rights Holder: Williams, Victoria R. (Victoria Riggs)
- Rights License: copyright
- Rights Statement: Copyright is held by the author, unless otherwise noted. All rights reserved.
- Thesis or Dissertation
- Accession or Local Control No: 1002782195-Williams
- Call Number: 379 N81 no. 2015
- UNT Catalog No.: b1311652
- OCLC: 11403222
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc332412
- Academic Department: Education
- Degree Discipline: Special Education
- Degree Level: Doctoral
- Degree Name: Doctor of Philosophy
- Degree Publication Type: disse
- Degree Grantor: North Texas State University