Implementing a Framework for Remedial Reading for Seventh and Eighth Grades: A Delphi Study Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Implementing a Framework for Remedial Reading for Seventh and Eighth Grades: A Delphi Study
Author: Jennings, Frances D. (Frances Ditto)Creator Type: Personal
Chair: Greenlaw, M. JeanContributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: Major Professor
Committee Member: Halstead, Francis E., 1930-Contributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: Minor Professor
Committee Member: Griffin, Margaret M.Contributor Type: Personal
Committee Member: Thomas, L. Fred (Lawrence Fred)Contributor Type: Personal
Name: North Texas State UniversityPlace of Publication: Denton, Texas
- Creation: 1984-05
- Content Description: This study determined the instructional approaches and teaching techniques and materials reading specialists perceived to be the most effective for the seventh and eighth grade remedial reading courses mandated by Texas House Bill 246. It also determined the most effective inservice procedures for training teachers assigned to teach these courses. Fifty-four Texas reading specialists, representing school districts, service centers, and colleges and universities, participated as panelists in the Delphi, completing three rounds of questionnaires. Perceived recommendations were rated by panelists according to levels of effectiveness.
- Physical Description: vii, 319 leaves
- Keyword: junior high students
- Keyword: teaching techniques
- Keyword: remedial reading
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Reading -- Remedial teaching.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Junior high school students -- Books and reading.
- Place Name: United States - Texas
Name: UNT Theses and DissertationsCode: UNTETD
Name: UNT LibrariesCode: UNT
- Rights Access: public
- Rights Holder: Jennings, Frances D. (Frances Ditto)
- Rights License: copyright
- Rights Statement: Copyright is held by the author, unless otherwise noted. All rights reserved.
- Thesis or Dissertation
- Accession or Local Control No: 1002779716-Jennings
- Call Number: 379 N81 no. 2162
- UNT Catalog No.: b1311356
- OCLC: 11382868
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc331522
- Academic Department: Education
- Degree Discipline: Reading
- Degree Level: Doctoral
- Degree Name: Doctor of Philosophy
- Degree Publication Type: disse
- Degree Grantor: North Texas State University