Linewidth Parameters, Dipole Moments, and Microwave Spectrum of Nitrogen-Substituted Methyl Cyanide Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Linewidth Parameters, Dipole Moments, and Microwave Spectrum of Nitrogen-Substituted Methyl Cyanide
Author: Messer, James KeithCreator Type: Personal
Chair: Roberts, James AndrewContributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: Major Professor
Committee Member: Sears, Raymond E.Contributor Type: Personal
Committee Member: Redding, Rogers W.Contributor Type: Personal
Committee Member: Deering, William D.Contributor Type: Personal
Committee Member: Kobe, Donald HolmContributor Type: Personal
Name: North Texas State UniversityPlace of Publication: Denton, Texas
- Creation: 1981-08
- Content Description: The shape of collision-broadened microwave absorption lines is reviewed, along with a number of other broadening mechanisms. The Anderson and Murphy-Boggs linewidth theories are reviewed in detail. Several published modifications to these theories are reviewed. Computer programs which numerically evaluate linewidths and lineshifts are presented. Approximations are made to reduce the need for extensive use of the modified Bessel functions, thereby reducing computation time. Only dipole-dipole forces are considered.
- Physical Description: vi, 183 leaves : ill.
- Keyword: microwave spectroscopy
- Keyword: Methyl Cyanide
- Keyword: linewidth theories
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Methyl cyanide -- Spectra.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Microwave spectroscopy.
Name: UNT Theses and DissertationsCode: UNTETD
Name: UNT LibrariesCode: UNT
- Rights Access: public
- Rights Holder: Messer, James Keith
- Rights License: copyright
- Rights Statement: Copyright is held by the author, unless otherwise noted. All rights reserved.
- Thesis or Dissertation
- Accession or Local Control No: 1002782738-Messer
- Call Number: 379 N81 no. 1746
- UNT Catalog No.: b1241741
- OCLC: 9291685
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc331363
- Academic Department: Physics
- Degree Discipline: Physics
- Degree Level: Doctoral
- Degree Name: Doctor of Philosophy
- Degree Publication Type: disse
- Degree Grantor: North Texas State University