An Analysis of the Pupil Control Ideology of Principals and Teachers in Public Elementary Schools in the Province of Sukhothai, Thailand Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title An Analysis of the Pupil Control Ideology of Principals and Teachers in Public Elementary Schools in the Province of Sukhothai, Thailand
Author: Seefa, DumrongCreator Type: Personal
Chair: Chisolm, Grace ButlerContributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: Major Professor
Committee Member: Conoley, CollieContributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: Minor Professor
Committee Member: Huffstutler, E. V.Contributor Type: Personal
Committee Member: Watson, Hoyt F.Contributor Type: Personal
Name: North Texas State UniversityPlace of Publication: Denton, Texas
- Creation: 1981-08
- Content Description: The problem of this study was to determine the pupil control ideology—conceptualized as a continuum from custodialism to humanism—of principals and teachers in public elementary schools in the province of Sukhothai, Thailand. The instrument, the Pupil Control Ideology Form (PCI Form), consists of twenty likert-type items. Responses to each statement are indicated on a five-point scale, ranging from "strongly agree" (five points) to "strongly disagree" (one point). Scores derived from the PCI Form were used as indicators of respondents' orientation toward the control of pupils in elementary schools of Sukhothai, Thailand. The reliability coefficient of the PCI Form yielded a Pearson Product Moment Coefficient of .91 and .95 when using the Spearman-Brown formula. The instrument (PCI Form) was translated into Thai, validated by six judges who were selected on the basis of their positions and knowledge of Thai education. The reliability of the revised questionnaire was determined by a pilot study (test-retest technique) which involved twentyteachers and ten principals of public schools in Sukhothai, Thailand. The results of the Pearson Product Moment Coefficient gave the correlation of .87 and .93 using the Spearman-Brown formula.
- Physical Description: iv, 111 leaves
- Keyword: pupil control ideology
- Keyword: Sukhothai, Thailand
- Keyword: classroom management
- Keyword: education in Thailand
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Classroom management.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Teacher-student relationships.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: School discipline -- Thailand.
- Place Name: Thailand
Name: UNT Theses and DissertationsCode: UNTETD
Name: UNT LibrariesCode: UNT
- Rights Access: public
- Rights Holder: Seefa, Dumrong
- Rights License: copyright
- Rights Statement: Copyright is held by the author, unless otherwise noted. All rights reserved.
- Thesis or Dissertation
- Accession or Local Control No: 1002782662-Seefa
- Call Number: 379 N81 no. 1758
- UNT Catalog No.: b1311394
- OCLC: 11380465
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc331190
- Academic Department: Education
- Degree Discipline: Administrative Leadership
- Degree Level: Doctoral
- Degree Name: Doctor of Philosophy
- Degree Publication Type: disse
- Degree Grantor: North Texas State University