A Study of the Relationships Between Leader Behavior of Private Secondary School Principals and Teacher Morale in Bangkok, Thailand Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title A Study of the Relationships Between Leader Behavior of Private Secondary School Principals and Teacher Morale in Bangkok, Thailand
Author: Sinprasong, SukanyaCreator Type: Personal
Chair: Bezdek, Jim J.Contributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: Major Professor
Committee Member: Johnson, Douglas A.Contributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: Minor Professor
Committee Member: Halstead, Francis E., 1930-Contributor Type: Personal
Committee Member: Willson, George HaydenContributor Type: Personal
Name: North Texas State UniversityPlace of Publication: Denton, Texas
- Creation: 1983-05
- Content Description: The purpose of this study was to examine the relationships between principals' leader behavior and teacher morale in the private secondary schools of Bangkok, Thailand. This study also determined whether significant relationships based upon the factors of age, sex, educational level, years of teaching experience, salary, and size of school existed between the morale of teachers and their perceptions of the principals' leader behavior. The sample of the study was comprised of 400 teachers in private"secondary schools in Bangkok, Thailand. Each teacher was asked to complete the Purdue Teacher Opinionaire (PTO), an instrument designed an instrument designed to identify a principal's leader behavior which consists of two dimensions: initiating structure and consideration. Of the 400 returned questionnaires, 399 were usable. The statistical treatments applied to the data thus obtained included the Pearson product moment, Multiple regression, and Canonical correlation. A .05 level of significance was the criterion for accepting or rejecting each hypothesis.
- Physical Description: vi, 125 leaves
- Keyword: principals' leader behaviors
- Keyword: teacher morale
- Keyword: private secondary schools
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Teacher morale.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Leadership.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: High school principals -- Thailand -- Bangkok.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: High school teachers -- Thailand -- Bangkok.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Private schools -- Thailand -- Bangkok.
- Place Name: Thailand - Bangkok
Name: UNT Theses and DissertationsCode: UNTETD
Name: UNT LibrariesCode: UNT
- Rights Access: public
- Rights Holder: Sinprasong, Sukanya
- Rights License: copyright
- Rights Statement: Copyright is held by the author, unless otherwise noted. All rights reserved.
- Thesis or Dissertation
- Accession or Local Control No: 1002782299-Sinprasong
- Call Number: 379 N81 no. 2007
- UNT Catalog No.: b1311744
- OCLC: 11406088
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc331041
- Academic Department: Education
- Degree Discipline: Administrative Leadership
- Degree Level: Doctoral
- Degree Name: Doctor of Philosophy
- Degree Publication Type: disse
- Degree Grantor: North Texas State University