Retail Image Dimensions: An Empirical Analysis Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Retail Image Dimensions: An Empirical Analysis
Author: Palmer, Arthur M. (Arthur Mohler)Creator Type: Personal
Chair: Greenberg, BarnettContributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: Major Professor
Committee Member: Ellis, MichaelContributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: Minor Professor
Committee Member: Lumpkin, James R.Contributor Type: Personal
Committee Member: Rachel, Frank M.Contributor Type: Personal
Name: North Texas State UniversityPlace of Publication: Denton, Texas
- Creation: 1982-08
- Content Description: The goals of this dissertation were to determine the salient cognitive dimensions of retail image in the perceptions of consumers and the image attributes related to those dimensions. This study took advantage of multidimensional scaling techniques (MDS) to create dimensioned perceptual maps based on nonpredetermined attributes. Similarities data about five Dallas shopping centers, gathered by questionnaires from a sample (n=181) of women shoppers interviewed at the centers, were analyzed to discover the perceived dimensions of image. Similarities data were also collected on fifteen attributes previously found to be significant. MDS configurations of the attributes were compared with the retail image configuration by means of a matrix fitting technique. These comparisons categorized the attributes according to the dimensions with which they were congruent. Evaluation of these groups provided a means for identifying and naming the primary perceptual dimensions. Saliency of the perceived dimensions was tested by congruency matching respondent preferences to perceptions.
- Physical Description: viii, 149 leaves : ill.
- Keyword: consumer perceptions
- Keyword: retail shopping
- Keyword: female shoppers
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Consumer's preferences.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Shopping.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Shopping centers.
Name: UNT Theses and DissertationsCode: UNTETD
Name: UNT LibrariesCode: UNT
- Rights Access: public
- Rights Holder: Palmer, Arthur M. (Arthur Mohler)
- Rights License: copyright
- Rights Statement: Copyright is held by the author, unless otherwise noted. All rights reserved.
- Thesis or Dissertation
- Accession or Local Control No: 1002782350-Palmer
- Call Number: 379 N81 no. 1911
- UNT Catalog No.: b1311544
- OCLC: 11392669
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc330964
- Academic Department: Business Administration
- Degree Discipline: Marketing
- Degree Level: Doctoral
- Degree Name: Doctor of Philosophy
- Degree Publication Type: disse
- Degree Grantor: North Texas State University