The Association Between Testing Strategies and Performance in College Algebra, Attitude Towards Mathematics, and Attrition Rate Page: 15
The following text was automatically extracted from the image on this page using optical character recognition software:
1. Aiken, Lewis R. , and Ralph M. Dreger, "The Effect of
Attitudes on Performance in Mathematics," Journal
of Educational Psychology, 52, No. 1 (February,
2. Ammons, R. B., "Rotary Pursuit Performance with
Continuous Practice before and after a Single
Rest," Journal of Experimental Psychology, 37
(October, 1947), 393-411.
3. Behrman, J. A., Veronica J. Dark, and Stephen C. Paul,
"The Effects of a Structured Learning-Skills
Intervention on Long-Term Academic Performance,"
Journal of College Student Personnel, 25 (July,
4. Born, D. G., "Exam Performance and Study Behavior as a
Function of Study Unit Size in a PSI Course,"
Behavior Research and Technology in Higher
Education, edited by James M. Johnston, Spring-
field, IL., Charles Thomas, 1975, pp. 269-282.
5. Davis, James R., Teaching Strategies for the College
Classroom, Boulder, Colorado, Westview Press,
Inc., 19 76.
6. Deutsch, M. and Krauss, R. M., Theories in Social
Psychology, New York, Basic Books, 1965"!
7. Douthitt, Cameron E., The Effect of Written
Examinations on Attitude and Achievement in
College Freshman Mathematics at Alvin Community
College, (Report No. SE024330TT Alvin Community
Coll., Texas, (ERIC Doc. No. ED 156 440), 1978.
8. Dustin, D. S., "Some Effects of Exam Frequency," The
Psychological Record, 21, No. 3 (Summer, 1971),
9. Easley, H., "The Curve of Forgetting and the
Distribution of Practice," Journal of Educational
Psychology, 28 (September, 1937), 474-478.
10. Gaynor, J., and J. Millham, "Student Performance and
Evaluation Under Variant Teaching and Testing
Here’s what’s next.
This dissertation can be searched. Note: Results may vary based on the legibility of text within the document.
Tools / Downloads
Get a copy of this page or view the extracted text.
Citing and Sharing
Basic information for referencing this web page. We also provide extended guidance on usage rights, references, copying or embedding.
Reference the current page of this Dissertation.
Johnson, Charles W. (Charles Windle). The Association Between Testing Strategies and Performance in College Algebra, Attitude Towards Mathematics, and Attrition Rate, dissertation, May 1987; Denton, Texas. (digital.library.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metadc330880/m1/23/: accessed February 17, 2019), University of North Texas Libraries, Digital Library, digital.library.unt.edu; .