The Research and Development of a Mediated Approach to Upper Elementary Level Art History/Appreciation Instruction Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title The Research and Development of a Mediated Approach to Upper Elementary Level Art History/Appreciation Instruction
Author: Norman, Julie A.Creator Type: Personal
Chair: Moseley, Patricia AnneContributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: Major Professor
Committee Member: Holcomb, Terry LynnContributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: Minor Professor
Committee Member: Buhler, June HarrisContributor Type: Personal
Committee Member: Tanner, Fred W.Contributor Type: Personal
Name: North Texas State UniversityPlace of Publication: Denton, Texas
- Creation: 1984-08
- Content Description: Art history serves as a record of civilization's cultural heritage. Yet there is a paucity of art history or appreciation materials for the elementary level child that are historically ordered. The problem with which this study is concerned is the development of a prototype of a slide-tape series on art history for instruction of upper elementary students. The purpose of this investigation is to produce a slide-tape set that is designed to use advance organizers, direct attention, proceed with moderate speed, elicit responses, and give feedback. The series also guides the student in analyzing art with a historical approach. More over, the media stress key ideas on the culture and examine the relationship between the culture and the art produced.
- Physical Description: vi, 195 leaves : ill.
- Keyword: art history
- Keyword: art appreciation
- Keyword: mediated learning
- Keyword: elementary education
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Art -- History -- Study and teaching (Elementary) -- Audio-visual aids.
Name: UNT Theses and DissertationsCode: UNTETD
Name: UNT LibrariesCode: UNT
- Rights Access: public
- Rights Holder: Norman, Julie A.
- Rights License: copyright
- Rights Statement: Copyright is held by the author, unless otherwise noted. All rights reserved.
- Thesis or Dissertation
- Accession or Local Control No: 1002779584-Norman
- Call Number: 379 N81 no. 2230
- UNT Catalog No.: b1317208
- OCLC: 11759618
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc330793
- Academic Department: Education
- Degree Discipline: Elementary
- Degree Level: Doctoral
- Degree Name: Doctor of Education
- Degree Publication Type: disse
- Degree Grantor: North Texas State University