Antoine Reicha's Theories of Musical Form Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Antoine Reicha's Theories of Musical Form
Author: McCachren, Jo ReneeCreator Type: Personal
Chair: Rivera, Benito V., 1936-Contributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: Major Professor
Committee Member: Brothers, Lester Dwayne, 1945-Contributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: Minor Professor
Committee Member: Cho, Gene J.Contributor Type: Personal
Committee Member: [indecipherable]Contributor Type: Personal
Name: University of North TexasPlace of Publication: Denton, TexasAdditional Info: www.unt.edu
- Creation: 1989-12
- Content Description: Antoine Reicha stands as an important figure in the growing systematization of musical form. While Traite de melodie (1814) captures the essence of eighteenth-century concern with tonal movement and periodicity, Reicha's later ideas as represented in Traite de haute composition musicale (1824-26) anticipate descriptions of thematic organization characteristic of his nineteenth-century successors. Three important topics emerge as crucial elements: melody, thematic development, and schematic categorization of complete pieces.
- Physical Description: ix, 245 leaves: music
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Reicha, Anton, 1770-1836 -- Criticism and interpretation.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Musical form.
- Keyword: Antoine Reicha
- Keyword: music theory
- Keyword: thematic organization in music
- Keyword: musical form
Name: UNT Theses and DissertationsCode: UNTETD
Name: UNT LibrariesCode: UNT
- Rights Access: public
- Rights Holder: McCachren, Jo Renee
- Rights License: copyright
- Rights Statement: Copyright is held by the author, unless otherwise noted. All rights reserved.
- Thesis or Dissertation
- Accession or Local Control No: 1002713767-McCachren
- Call Number: 379 N81d no.3116
- UNT Catalog No.: b1451678
- OCLC: 23055918
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc330751
- Academic Department: College of Music
- Degree Discipline: Music Theory
- Degree Level: Doctoral
- Degree Name: Doctor of Philosophy
- Degree Publication Type: disse
- Degree Grantor: University of North Texas