Analysis Of Sequential Barycenter Random Probability Measures via Discrete Constructions Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Analysis Of Sequential Barycenter Random Probability Measures via Discrete Constructions
Author: Valdes, LeRoy I.Creator Type: Personal
Chair: Monticino, Michael G.Contributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: Major Professor
Committee Member: Quintanilla, JohnContributor Type: Personal
Committee Member: Brand, NealContributor Type: Personal
Name: University of North TexasPlace of Publication: Denton, Texas
- Creation: 2002-12
- Digitized: 2007-07-20
- Content Description: Hill and Monticino (1998) introduced a constructive method for generating random probability measures with a prescribed mean or distribution on the mean. The method involves sequentially generating an array of barycenters that uniquely defines a probability measure. This work analyzes statistical properties of the measures generated by sequential barycenter array constructions. Specifically, this work addresses how changing the base measures of the construction affects the statististics of measures generated by the SBA construction. A relationship between statistics associated with a finite level version of the SBA construction and the full construction is developed. Monte Carlo statistical experiments are used to simulate the effect changing base measures has on the statistics associated with the finite level construction.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Probability measures.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Mathematical statistics.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Monte Carlo method.
- Keyword: Random probability measures
- Keyword: mathematical statistics
- Keyword: Monte Carlo simulations
Name: UNT Theses and DissertationsCode: UNTETD
Name: UNT LibrariesCode: UNT
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: copyright
- Rights Holder: Valdes, LeRoy I.
- Rights Statement: Copyright is held by the author, unless otherwise noted. All rights reserved.
- Thesis or Dissertation
- OCLC: 52101671
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc3304
- Degree Name: Doctor of Philosophy
- Degree Level: Doctoral
- Degree Discipline: Mathematics
- Academic Department: Department of Mathematics
- Degree Grantor: University of North Texas