Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Coat
Designer: Norell, NormanCreator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Norell, Norman (b. Noblesville, Indiana, USA, 1900 - d. New York, New York, USA, 1972)
Donor: Malone, Mrs. J. RobertContributor Type: Personal
- Creation: 1960/1968
- No Language
- Content Description: Coat of purple wool. Double breasted with 8 large, round, purple plastic buttons and 4 bound buttonholes. Long sleeved with slight flair to hem. Knee length. A-line with two vertical welt pockets. Rounded neckline with 1-1/4" mandarin collar. Lined in light purple silk taffeta. Designer's label: "Norman Norell / New York"
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Clothing
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Coats (Garments)
- Item is a Primary Source
- Start Date: 1960
- End Date: 1968
- Place Name: United States - New York - New York City
Name: Texas Fashion CollectionCode: TXFC
Name: UNT College of Visual Arts + DesignCode: UNTCVA
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: by-nc-nd
- Rights Statement: All Texas Fashion Collection content and images are copyrighted.
- Physical Object
- Accession or Local Control No: 1978.014.038
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc330372