Optimizing the User Experience in a Rapid Development Framework: Collin County Genealogical Society: Focus Group Discussion, July 2008 Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Optimizing the User Experience in a Rapid Development Framework: Collin County Genealogical Society: Focus Group Discussion, July 2008
- Series Title IOGENE Project
Author: Murray, Kathleen R.Creator Type: PersonalCreator Info: University of North Texas
- Creation: 2008-07
- Content Description: This report provides information about the IOGENE project. The UNT Libraries received a National Leadership Grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services in December 2007 for a two-year project to identify the user interface requirements of genealogists interacting with the Libraries' Portal to Texas History. The Portal provides users with a digital gateway to collections in Texas libraries, museums, archives, and historical societies, as well as to private collections. It contains primary source materials, including maps, books, manuscripts, diaries, photographs, and letters. The IOGENE project involves genealogists in the design process beginning with the initial assessment of their requirements and continuing through usability testing of the redesigned Portal interface. The results of this study will provide the library community with information about the needs and interface requirements of a little-studied group of lifelong learners who comprise a significant proportion of digital library users.
- Physical Description: 29 p.
- Keyword: IOGENE
- Keyword: user interfaces
- Keyword: The Portal to Texas History
- Keyword: genealogists
- Keyword: digital collections
Name: UNT Scholarly WorksCode: UNTSW
Name: UNT LibrariesCode: UNT
- Rights Access: public
- Grant Number: LG-06-07-0040-07
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc32977
- Academic Department: Libraries