Application of Thermomechanical Characterization Techniques to Bismuth Telluride Based Thermoelectric Materials Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Application of Thermomechanical Characterization Techniques to Bismuth Telluride Based Thermoelectric Materials
Author: White, John B.Creator Type: Personal
Chair: Brostow, WitoldContributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: Major Professor
Chair: Menard, Kevin P.Contributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: Major Professor
Committee Member: Bouanani, Mohamed ElContributor Type: Personal
Committee Member: Reidy, RichardContributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: III
Name: University of North TexasPlace of Publication: Denton, Texas
- Creation: 2002-08
- Digitized: 2007-07-18
- Content Description: The thermoelectric properties of bismuth telluride based thermoelectric (TE) materials are well-characterized, but comparatively little has been published on the thermomechanical properties. In this paper, dynamic mechanical analysis (DMA) and differential scanning calorimetry data for bismuth telluride based TE materials is presented. The TE materials' tan delta values, indicative of viscoelastic energy dissipation modes, approached that of glassy or crystalline polymers, were greater than ten times the tan delta of structural metals, and reflected the anisotropic nature of TE materials. DMA thermal scans showed changes in mechanical properties versus temperature with clear hysteresis effects. These results showed that the application of DMA techniques are useful for evaluation of thermophysical and thermomechanical properties of these TE materials.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Thermoelectric materials.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Bismuth.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Tellurides.
- Keyword: thermomechanical
- Keyword: thermoelectric
- Keyword: bismuth telluride
- Keyword: modulus
- Keyword: tan delta
- Keyword: thermophysical
Name: UNT Theses and DissertationsCode: UNTETD
Name: UNT LibrariesCode: UNT
- Rights Access: unt
- Rights License: copyright
- Rights Holder: White, John B.
- Rights Statement: Copyright is held by the author, unless otherwise noted. All rights reserved.
- Thesis or Dissertation
- OCLC: 50949612
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc3166
- Degree Name: Master of Science
- Degree Level: Master's
- Degree Discipline: Materials Science
- Academic Department: Department of Materials Science
- Degree Grantor: University of North Texas