Army Corps of Engineers Water Resource Projects: Authorization and Appropriations Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Army Corps of Engineers Water Resource Projects: Authorization and Appropriations
Author: Carter, Nicole T.Creator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Specialist in Natural Resources Policy
Author: Stern, Charles V.Creator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Analyst in Natural Resources Policy
Name: Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service.Place of Publication: Washington D.C.
- Creation: 2010-09-29
- Content Description: The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers attracts congressional attention because its projects can have significant local and regional economic benefits and environmental effects, in addition to their water resource development purposes. This report provides an overview of the Corps civil works program. It covers the congressional authorization and appropriation process, the standard project development process, and other Corps activities and authorities. It also includes an Appendix on the evolution of Corps civil works missions and authorities and a description of the limits on the Corps' role in levee accreditation and improvements for the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP).
- Physical Description: 15 pages.
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Defense policy
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Army - U.S.
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Executive departments
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Environmental protection
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Infrastructure
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Civil engineering
- Place Name: United States
Name: Congressional Research Service ReportsCode: CRSR
Name: Environmental Policy CollectionCode: ESDC
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- CRS Report Number: R41243
- Accession or Local Control No: R41243_2010Sep29
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc31359