Executive Order - Stewardship of the Ocean, Our Coasts, and the Great Lakes Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Executive Order - Stewardship of the Ocean, Our Coasts, and the Great Lakes
- Series Title Executive Order
Author: United States. President (2009- : Obama)Creator Type: Personal
Name: United States. Executive Office of the PresidentPlace of Publication: Washington D.C.
- Creation: 2010-07-19
- Content Description: This order establishes a national policy to ensure the protection, maintenance, and restoration of the health of ocean, coastal, and Great Lakes ecosystems and resources, enhance the sustainability of ocean and coastal economies, preserve maritime heritage, support sustainable uses and access, provide for adaptive management to enhance understanding of and capacity to respond to climate change and ocean acidification, and coordinate with national security and foreign policy interests. This order also provides for the development of coastal and marine spatial plans that build upon and improve existing Federal, State, tribal, local, and regional decision making and planning processes.
- Physical Description: 7 p.
- Keyword: environmental laws
- Keyword: environmental policy
- Keyword: stewardship
- Keyword: conservation
- Keyword: ecology
- Keyword: sustainability
- Place Name: United States
Name: Environmental Policy CollectionCode: ESDC
Name: UNT LibrariesCode: UNT
- URL: http://www.whitehouse.gov/files/documents/2010stewardship-eo.pdf
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc31146
- Display Note: [downloaded: 2010-10-21]