Convention for the Protection of Plants : message from the President of the United States transmitting the International Convention for the Protection of New Varieties of Plants of December 2, 1961, as revised at Geneva on November 10, 1972, on October 23, 1978, and on March 19, 1991, and signed by the United States on October 25, 1991 Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Convention for the Protection of Plants : message from the President of the United States transmitting the International Convention for the Protection of New Varieties of Plants of December 2, 1961, as revised at Geneva on November 10, 1972, on October 23, 1978, and on March 19, 1991, and signed by the United States on October 25, 1991
- Series Title Treaty Doc.
- Added Title Treaty Doc. 104-17
- Added Title Convention for the Protection of Plants
Author: International Union for the Protection of New Varieties of PlantsCreator Type: Organization
Author: United States. President (1993-2001 : Clinton)Creator Type: Personal
Author: Tarnoff, PeterCreator Type: PersonalCreator Info: United States Undersecretary of State for Political Affairs, Clinton Administration.
Name: United States. Government Printing Office.Place of Publication: Washington D.C.
- Creation: 1995-10-25
- Content Description: This treaty takes action to control the introduction and spread of pests of plants and plant products. The treaty protects natural as well as cultivated plants, so it has implications for agriculture as well as biodiversity. While the IPPC's primary focus is on plants and plant products moving in international trade, the convention also covers research materials, biological control organisms, and anything else that can act as a vector for the spread of plant pests including containers, soil, vehicles, and machinery.
- Physical Description: xv, 30 p.
- Keyword: treaties
- Keyword: biodiversity
- Keyword: invasive species
- Place Name: United States
Name: Environmental Policy CollectionCode: ESDC
Name: UNT LibrariesCode: UNT
- URL: http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/CDOC-104tdoc17/pdf/CDOC-104tdoc17.pdf
- Government Documents No.: Y 1.1/4:104-17
- OCLC: 33389311
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc31096
- Display Note: [downloaded: 2010-10-01]