An Algorithm for Open Text Semantic Parsing Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title An Algorithm for Open Text Semantic Parsing
Author: Shi, LeiCreator Type: PersonalCreator Info: University of North Texas
Author: Mihalcea, Rada, 1974-Creator Type: PersonalCreator Info: University of North Texas
Organizer of meeting: International Committee on Computational LinguisticsContributor Type: Organization
- Creation: 2004-08
- Content Description: This paper describes an algorithm for open text shallow semantic parsing.
- Physical Description: 9 p.
- Keyword: FrameNet
- Keyword: WordNet
- Keyword: syntactic parsing
- Keyword: natural language texts
- Conference: ROMAND Workshop on Robust Methods in Analysis of Natural Language Data, 2004, Geneva, Switzerland
Name: UNT Scholarly WorksCode: UNTSW
Name: UNT College of EngineeringCode: UNTCOE
- Rights Access: public
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc30953
- Academic Department: Computer Science and Engineering
- Display Note: Abstract: This paper describes an algorithm for open text shallow semantic parsing. The algorithm relies on a frame dataset (FrameNet) and a semantic network (WordNet), to identify semantic relations between words in open text, as well as shallow semantic features associated with concepts in the text. Parsing semantic structures allows semantic units and constituents to be accessed and processed in a more meaningful way than syntactic parsing, moving the automation of understanding natural language text to a higher level.