Building Multilingual Semantic Networks with Non-Expert Contributions over the Web Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Building Multilingual Semantic Networks with Non-Expert Contributions over the Web
Author: Ayewah, NathanialCreator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Southern Methodist University
Author: Mihalcea, Rada, 1974-Creator Type: PersonalCreator Info: University of North Texas
Author: Nastase, ViviCreator Type: PersonalCreator Info: University of Ottawa
Organizer of meeting: International Conference on Knowledge CaptureContributor Type: Organization
- Creation: 2003-11
- Content Description: This paper discusses building multilingual semantic networks.
- Physical Description: 7 p.
- Keyword: semantic networks
- Keyword: lexical resources
- Keyword: WordNet
- Conference: Second International Conference on Knowledge Capture, 2003, Sanibel Island, Florida, United States
Name: UNT Scholarly WorksCode: UNTSW
Name: UNT College of EngineeringCode: UNTCOE
- Rights Access: public
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc30947
- Academic Department: Computer Science and Engineering
- Display Note: Abstract: We present a system that allows non-expert Web users to contribute towards building a multilingual lexical resource. Our study focuses on the Romanian-English language pair, and the target resource is a Romanian WordNet strongly connected to the English WordNet. We use a bilingual dictionary, a monolingual definition dictionary and documents on the Web to build synsets, attach them a gloss, and provide some examples. The results of the semi-automatic acquisition system are judged by two human judges, and they are compared to automatic approaches to building a Romanian WordNet.