Approximating User Distributions in WCDMA Networks Using 2-D Gaussian Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Approximating User Distributions in WCDMA Networks Using 2-D Gaussian
Author: Nguyen, SonCreator Type: PersonalCreator Info: University of North Texas
Author: Akl, Robert G.Creator Type: PersonalCreator Info: University of North Texas
Organizer of meeting: The Cybernetics SocietyContributor Type: Organization
Name: The Cybernetics SocietyPlace of Publication: [Hertfordshire, England]
- Creation: 2005-07
- Content Description: This paper discusses approximating user distributions in WCDMA networks using 2-D Gaussian.
- Physical Description: 5 p.
- Keyword: inter-cell interference
- Keyword: capacity
- Keyword: WCDMA
- Keyword: user distribution
- Keyword: 2-D Gaussian distribution
- Conference: Third International Conference on Computing, Communications and Control Technologies, 2005, Austin, Texas, United States
Name: UNT Scholarly WorksCode: UNTSW
Name: UNT College of EngineeringCode: UNTCOE
- Rights Access: public
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc30820
- Academic Department: Computer Science and Engineering
- Display Note: Abstract: In this paper, we present an analytical model for approximating the user distributions in multi-cell third generation WCDMA networks using 2-dimensional Gaussian distributions by determining the means and the standard deviations of the distributions for every cell. This allows us to calculate the inter-cell interference and the reverse-link capacity of the network. The authors compare their model with simulation results and show that it is fast and accurate enough to be used efficiently in the planning process of large WCDMA networks.