Oral History Interview with Marjorie Rae Lutkins Babcock, March 31, 2013 Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Oral History Interview with Marjorie Rae Lutkins Babcock, March 31, 2013
Interviewer: Hedrick, AmyCreator Type: Personal
Interviewee: Babcock, Marjorie Rae LutkinsCreator Type: Personal
Name: University of North TexasPlace of Publication: Denton, Texas
- Creation: 2013-03-31
- Content Description: Interview with Marjorie Rae Lutkins Babcock, Women's Army Corps Enlisted, Keypunch Operator, and Korean War-ere Veteran, for the Women Veterans Oral History Project. The interview includes Babcock's personal experiences of childhood in Michigan, basic training at Fort Lee, Virginia, duty assignments at Governor's Island, New York and Hanau, Germany, her temporary duty assignment at the Pentagon, her placement in the Veterans of Foreign War's Women's Auxiliary despite veteran status, and her brother's experience in the Merchant Marines during World War II. Additionally, the interview includes her reason for enlisting, her family's reaction to her enlistment, impressions of post-war Germany, advice for future women service members, her views on service and women in combat, and her daughter's views of the military and the military service of her mom and other family members. The interview includes an appendix with photographs and a list detailing Babcock's military career.
- Physical Description: 33,  p. : coll. ill. ; 28 cm.
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: People - Individuals
- Keyword: oral histories
- Keyword: biographies
- Keyword: interviews
- Named Person: Babcock, Marjorie Rae Lutkins
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Military and War - Personnel - Veterans
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Places - United States - Virginia
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Military and War - Wars - Korean War
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Military and War - United States Armed Forces - United States Army
- Keyword: women veterans
- Keyword: women
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Korean War, 1950-1953.
- Keyword: merchant marines
- Item is a Primary Source
- Start Date: 1927
- End Date: 2013-03
- Time Period: mod-tim
- Place Name: United States - Virginia - Henrico County - Fort Lee
- Place Name: Germany
- Place Name: United States - Michigan
Name: UNT Oral HistoriesCode: UNTOH
Name: Texas Oral History CollectionCode: TOHC
Name: UNT Oral History ProgramCode: UNTOHP
- Rights Access: unt
- Rights Statement: All rights reserved. To request a copy, contact the Oral History Program.
- Accession or Local Control No: Number 1762
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc306876