Oral History Interview with Donald Fleming, May 30, 2003 Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Oral History Interview with Donald Fleming, May 30, 2003
Interviewer: Marcello, Ronald E.Creator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Dr. Ronald E. Marcello
Interviewee: Fleming, DonaldCreator Type: Personal
Name: University of North TexasPlace of Publication: Denton, Texas
- Creation: 2003-05-30
- Content Description: Interview with grain elevator operator and Army Air Forces veteran Donald Fleming. The interview includes Fleming's personal experiences about being a B-24 navigator in the European Theater during World War II, his education at Kansas State University, enlisting as an Aviation Cadet in the Army Air Forces, navigator training, bomber transition training, his assignment to Pantanella Air Base, various missions to Austria and Rumania, fighter escorts by the Tuskegee Airmen, and raids against oil refineries and marshalling yards. Fleming also talks about enemy flak and fighter opposition, his return to the States after fifty-one missions his crew's pet dog, correspondence with his wife, and his postwar business career.
- Physical Description: 66 p. ; 28 cm.
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: People - Individuals
- Keyword: oral histories
- Keyword: biographies
- Keyword: interviews
- Named Person: Fleming, Donald
- Keyword: European Theater
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Military and War - Wars - World War II
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Military and War - Personnel - Veterans
- Keyword: Army Air Forces
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States - Texas
- Start Date: 1920
- End Date: 2003-05
- Time Period: mod-tim
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Hays County - San Marcos
- Place Name: United States - Nebraska
- Place Name: Italy
Name: UNT Oral HistoriesCode: UNTOH
Name: Texas Oral History CollectionCode: TOHC
Name: UNT Oral History ProgramCode: UNTOHP
- Rights Access: unt
- Rights Statement: All rights reserved. To request a copy, contact the Oral History Program.
- Accession or Local Control No: Number 1505
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc306726