Cocktail Hat Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Cocktail Hat
- Series Title Dallas Museum of Fashion Collection
Retailer: Titche'sContributor Type: OrganizationContributor Info: Titche-Goettinger Co. (Dallas, Texas) (est. 1902 by Max Goettinger and Edward Titche - 1979 name changed to Joske's)
Donor: Treasures & TrinketsContributor Type: OrganizationContributor Info: Gift of Treasures & Trinkets sale, 1970
- Creation: 1969
- No Language
- Content Description: Cocktail or evening hat covered with blue-green-blackish iridescent coque feathers. Hat is based on a pillbox style crown, conical, with flattened top. The entire surface is covered with overlapping feathers. Rising from the center of the crown is a spray of brown horsehair and high standing feathers. Brown felt interior crown with brown grosgrain ribbon inner headband. Two combs at sides for securing hat to wearer's head. Retailer's label: "Titche's / Dallas"
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Clothing - Accessories - Hats
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Hats (Headgear)
- Item is a Primary Source
- Coverage Date: 1960/1969
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Dallas County - Dallas
Name: Texas Fashion CollectionCode: TXFC
Name: UNT College of Visual Arts + DesignCode: UNTCVA
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: by-nc-nd
- Rights Statement: All Texas Fashion Collection content and images are copyrighted.
- Physical Object
- Accession or Local Control No: 1970.005.003
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc305371
- Display Note: This object was part of the Dallas Museum of Fashion collection. Founded in 1960 by the Fashion Group, Inc. of Dallas, the collection comprised important items of historic and current fashion. It was housed in the Apparel Mart, Dallas, and operated as the Dallas Museum of Fashion from 1960 until 1971. It moved to what was then North Texas State University in 1972, and became the Texas Fashion Collection.