A Chorus of Trees Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title A Chorus of Trees
Author: Lyons, Renée KathleenCreator Type: Personal
Chair: Bond, BruceContributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: Major Professor
Committee Member: Marks, CoreyContributor Type: Personal
Committee Member: Rodman, BarbaraContributor Type: Personal
Name: University of North TexasPlace of Publication: Denton, Texas
- Creation: 2010-08
- Content Description: This two-part thesis includes a critical preface and a collection of my poems. Using three poems-Louise Glück's "Lullaby," Bob Hicok's "Poem for My Mother's Hysterectomy," and Nick Flynn's "Memento Mori"-the critical preface examines how, in poetry, the transformation of a body negotiates trauma and triggers a conceptual shift, the creation and revision of identity, and the release of the duende's inspirational force. The collection of poetry that follows seeks to transfigure the body as a way to explore the nuanced traumas of human experience.
- Physical Description: iv, 49 p.
- Keyword: Poetry
- Keyword: Glück
- Keyword: Hicok
- Keyword: Flynn
- Keyword: trauma
- Keyword: transformation
- Keyword: body
- Keyword: metaphor
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Human body in literature.
Name: UNT Theses and DissertationsCode: UNTETD
Name: UNT LibrariesCode: UNT
- Rights Access: unt
- Rights License: copyright
- Rights Holder: Lyons, Renée Kathleen
- Rights Statement: Copyright is held by the author, unless otherwise noted. All rights reserved.
- Thesis or Dissertation
- OCLC: 698627539
- UNT Catalog No.: b3912460
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc30485
- Degree Name: Master of Arts
- Degree Level: Master's
- Degree Discipline: English - Creative Writing
- Academic Department: Department of English
- Degree Grantor: University of North Texas
- Display Note: Restricted until 1 September 2015