Mineral Resources of the Ruby Mountains Wilderness Study Area, Madison County, Montana Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Mineral Resources of the Ruby Mountains Wilderness Study Area, Madison County, Montana
- Series Title U.S. Geological Survey bulletin
- Series Title Studies related to wilderness
- Added Title United States Geological Survey Bulletin 1724-A
- Series Title Mineral resources of wilderness study areas--southwestern Montana
- Added Title Mineral Resources of Wilderness Study Areas--Southwestern Montana: Chapter A
- Series Title United States Geological Survey Reports
Author: Tysdal, Russell G.Creator Type: Personal
Author: Lee, G. K.Creator Type: Personal
Author: Hassemer, Jerry H.Creator Type: Personal
Author: Hanna, W. F.Creator Type: Personal
Author: Schmauch, S. W.Creator Type: Personal
Author: Berg, Richard B.Creator Type: Personal
Originator: Geological Survey (U.S.)Contributor Type: Organization
Originator: United States. Bureau of Mines.Contributor Type: Organization
Originator: Montana Bureau of Mines and GeologyContributor Type: Organization
Name: United States. Government Printing Office.Place of Publication: Washington D.C.
- Creation: 1987
- Content Description: From abstract: A mineral resource survey of the Ruby Mountains Wilderness Study Area (MT-076-001) was made in 1984- 85. Thirty-two million tons of subeconomic mineral resources that average 21 percent iron occur in the Kelly iron deposit and constitute an identified resource adjacent to the southeasternmost edge of the study area. Moderate and high mineral resource potential for talc deposits occur within a large body of Archean (see geologic time chart in appendix) marble in the central part of the study area (fig. 1). The study area has a low mineral resource potential for uranium and for oil and gas sources. No phosphate deposits exist in the study area.
- Physical Description: v, 22 p. : ill., maps (some color) ; 28 cm.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Mines and mineral resources -- Montana -- Ruby Mountains Wilderness.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Mines and mineral resources.
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States - Montana - Madison County
Name: Technical Report Archive and Image LibraryCode: TRAIL
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- OCLC: 886560342
- SuDoc Number: I 19.3:1724-A
- Report No.: USGS Bulletin 1724-A
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc304338
- Display Note: "With a section on Talc."