Geology of the Christmas Copper Mine, Gila County, Arizona Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Geology of the Christmas Copper Mine, Gila County, Arizona
- Series Title Contributions to economic geology
- Series Title Geological Survey bulletin
- Added Title United States Geological Survey Bulletin 1027-H
- Series Title United States Geological Survey Reports
Author: Peterson, Nels P.Creator Type: Personal
Author: Swanson, Roger W.Creator Type: Personal
Originator: Geological Survey (U.S.)Contributor Type: Organization
Name: United States. Government Printing Office.Place of Publication: Washington D.C
- Creation: 1956
- Content Description: From introduction: The exploration project at Christmas was carried on cooperatively by the Geological Survey and U. S. Bureau of Mines. Mr. 0. M. Bishop, Engineer for the Bureau of Mines, examined the property and in his report of June 6, 1942 recommended that six holes be drilled from the 800 level of the mine. The Bureau of Mines began drilling in September 1942, and the Survey investigations began a month later. Since any ore bodies discovered below the 800 level would be inaccessible until a deeper level could be developed, the Bureau and Survey decided to explore from higher levels where resulting benefits could be more quickly realized. Drilling from the upper levels was begun early in 1943.
- Physical Description:  p. : ill., maps, charts ; 23 cm.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Copper ores -- Arizona -- Gila County.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Geology -- Arizona -- Gila County.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Mines and mineral resources -- Arizona -- Gila County.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Copper ores.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Geology.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Mines and mineral resources.
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States - Arizona - Gila County
Name: Technical Report Archive and Image LibraryCode: TRAIL
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- OCLC: 885119609
- SuDoc Number: I 19.3:1027-H
- Report No.: USGS Bulletin 1027-H
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc304280
- Display Note: "An exploration of the ore deposits, in mine workings and by diamond drilling."