The Fiscal Impacts of DART's Transit-Oriented Development Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title The Fiscal Impacts of DART's Transit-Oriented Development
Author: Weinstein, Bernard L.Creator Type: PersonalCreator Info: University of North Texas
Author: Clower, Terry L.Creator Type: PersonalCreator Info: University of North Texas
- Creation: 2007-04-16
- Content Description: This report discusses the fiscal impacts of the Dallas Area Rapid Transit's (DARTs) transit-oriented development. In 2005, the University of North Texas Center for Economic Development and Research prepared a report for DART in which they estimated the total value of new investment completed, underway or planned near DART LRT stations since 1999. Using only those projects reported to the press, they calculated the total value of the transit-oriented development (TOD) at approximately $3.3 billion. These new investments had had, or will have, significant impacts on local property taxes as well as local and state sales taxes. This report presents the preliminary assessment of the annual revenue streams associated with TOD adjacent to DART LRT stations.
- Physical Description: 3 p.
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Business, Economics and Finance
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Business, Economics and Finance - Transportation
- Keyword: Dallas Area Rapid Transit
Name: UNT Scholarly WorksCode: UNTSW
Name: UNT Center for Economic Development and ResearchCode: UNTCEDR
- Rights Access: public
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc30415